Unit Planning Check List
Consult the P-12 Scope and Sequence Chart
- to see where the learners have come from and where they are going
- to ensure coverage of the curriculum
Use the current template to plan new units of work
Know your learners
-Diversity of faith traditions (contact Nicole in the office)
-Learning difficulties (contact Learning support team for help with differentiation at the start of your planning
-Contact (EALD team for help at the start of your planning)
Use the 'line of sight' method to plan
-Use the BCE Religion Curriculum for content and the Year level Description and Achievement Standard to determine content choice, and to write learning intentions and success criteria for the unit.
- use curriculum content from more than one strand. Preferably at least three.
- Check that you have incorporated the relevant core Scripture text and have planned to teach the core prayer.
Collaborate with other team members
- to plan the unit
- to ensure consistency of assessment
Build in Reflection time in the Unit plan
- For students to reflect on their learning
- For students to provide feedback about your teaching
-For teachers to reflect on the effectiveness of the unit and the assessment task and feed back to APREs.